Boot life is interesting since I started wearing the immobilizer to keep my right metatarsal break from getting worse.
- Stairs are a challenge, but doable if I take my time
- Will need a ride pretty much everywhere, because boot
- Sewing? Not unless I learn to use the machine with my left foot
- Walking around = slow and clunky
- Getting in and out of bed? Since “my” side is the left side of the bed …
- Getting boot off and on – big production, annoying as hell
- Working – Omg I’m so slow now, and patients are nosy about das boot
The list goes on, but suffice it to say I’m on day 3 of boot wear and already can’t wait to be back on my own two feet.
It sucks, but mostly in a whiny, “woe-is-me” kind of way. An annoying-sick-but-not-sick-person kind of way. To sum it up: I need to suck it up. Get over myself. Keep on truckin’.